[visordown.com] - Another difficult day for Lorenzo and Rossi

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

[​IMG]

BOTH Movistar Yamaha MotoGP riders Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi have dubbed the second day of testing 'difficult'.

Lorenzo and Rossi finished day two fourth and fifth respectively, but both still appeared to be struggle.

Nine-time World Champion Rossi continued to work on the technical set-up of his YZR-M1 and set a time of 1:55.983s. The Doctor managed to improve his time throughout the day as his feeling with the bike also improved, but still says there's a lot of work to do.

Rossi explained: “It was a difficult day for me, because we tried to work a lot on the setting of the bike to improve and to be faster, but we didn’t get the improvement we expected.

“I was in a difficult situation, but fortunately in the last hour we modified something. We did a step back and went a different way.

“The last part of the test was good, because I was fast with both the hard and the soft tyre and I was able to improve my position so I’m in the top five, but especially I was able to improve my pace and stay in the 1’55’s so at the end it was not so bad.

“We have to continue working for tomorrow and try to fix as much as possible for the weekend of the race. We have some other things to try; some different parts, settings and we have to decide on the tyres.

“It looks like today was hard work, a lot of laps, a lot of effort, but at the end it was a good day. We did good work and we found something good at the end,” concluded Rossi.

Lorenzo set a lap time of 1:55.550 early on, but spent the remaining time concentrating on race set-up and finished 0.593s off the pace. Team Director Massimo Meregalli stated Lorenzo concentrated on electronic adjustments and settings.

“It was another difficult day,” said Lorenzo. “The conditions of the track improved not a lot, but a little bit. Even though we improved the feeling with the bike a little, we are still far from the fastest time.

“We tried many things, but everyone else made a bigger step in their work, so let’s see what happens tomorrow. We’ve found something important and we’ll also do a long-distance run to see how the bike works.”

Related Content

MotoGP 2013: Qatar race results
    Rossi targets podium in Qatar
    Rossi: 'The only negative thing was the speed of Marc and Dani'
    Rossi: I'm so happy
    Yamaha move closer to Honda at Qatar

Click here for full story...