[webbikeworld.com] - A New CEO Marks a Shift for Revzilla

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

How Will This Change Things?​

It’s no big secret that I like Revzilla. From the company’s good deals to its detailed video breakdowns and quality blog content, I hold the online motorcycle gear retailer in pretty high esteem. Well, now Revzilla enters into a new era. Recently, the company appointed a new CEO, Ken Murphy, who has more than a decade of executive experience from other non-motorcycle-related companies, such as Mattress Firm.

Murphy now takes the helm of Comoto Holdings, which is the parent company of both Revzilla and Cycle Gear. According to Technical.ly Philly, the two companies had the same parent company beginning in 2016 when they joined with J.W. Childs equity firm and created a new entity.

The three co-founders of Revzilla—Anthony Bucci, Matt Kull, and Nick Auger—have all held C-suite level positions previously. They will now be out of the day-to-day operations of Revzilla. Despite this, they will still remain on the board as shareholders.

Murphy told Technical.ly that the goal of appointing him CEO is “sustained growth.” Revzilla has grown considerably in recent years, and it wants to continue doing so. What’s interesting is that Murphy isn’t a rider. He said he hasn’t ridden motorcycles since he was a kid, but that he plans to get his endorsement and begin riding again.

It’ll be interesting to see how the company changes under him. There’s little doubting his experience as a top-level executive, and with the original founders still on the board, I hope Revzilla continues in the right direction. I’ll keep you in the loop because we work closely with the company and point our readers there often.

The post A New CEO Marks a Shift for Revzilla appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Click here for full story...