[webbikeworld.com] - Here’s the 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

Triumph’s New Street Triple RS has Finally Arrived​

I reported not long ago that Triumph would have a new Street Triple RS on October 7. Well, here it is. The 2020 Street Triple RS is a handsome bike that keeps with the Street Triple styling of old but comes with some seriously important updates to it.

First up, the bike utilizes the Moto2 derived engine. Triumph, of course, had to tweak the engine so that it could meet Euro5 emissions regulations. The company also managed to tune the 765cc engine to make 121 hp and about 58 lb-ft of torque. The bike has a special exhaust cam that will improve mid-range performance. It also has a different crankshaft, clutch, and balancer. These updates give the bike lower inertia and lower overall mass—two very important things for this bike.

[​IMG]

Suspension needs are handled by fully adjustable Showa forks up-front and fully adjustable Öhlins STX40 in the rear. Brembo brakes provide stopping power and some Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SPv3s give the bike what should be some quality grip.

The bike gets a new TFT screen with MyTriumph connectivity. You can connect your phone and GoPro. You can see turn-by-turn navigation, and you can operate your phone and music through the switchgear through this system. It sounds very nice. Also, you can adjust the angle of the screen so it’s easy to see.

[​IMG]

Additional equipment includes a Triumph Shift Assist quickshifter, five ride modes—road, rain, sport, track, and custom—adjustable ABS, traction control, and adjustable ride-by-wire throttle.

The new Triumph looks awesome in photos, and all of the equipment has me thinking it’s one of the better bikes out there for 2020. I really want to ride one now. The company will offer the bike in Matt Jet Black with Aluminum Silver and Yellow decals or Silver Ice with Diablo Red and Aluminum Silver decals. Pricing hasn’t been revealed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The post Here’s the 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Click here for full story...