[webbikeworld.com] - Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen Get Rekluse Semi-Automatic Clutch...

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

Not Just a Twist-and-Go System​

The Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen will both now be able to come with the Rekluse Radius X Centrifugal Clutch Kit. This kit is a semi-automatic clutch kit from Rekluse that combines the unique TorqDrive clutch pack with Rekluse’s EXP automatic clutch disk. This doesn’t eliminate the clutch lever or the need to be able to work the gears.

According to RideApart, what the upgrade essentially means is that the centrifugal force works to replace some of the clutch lever action. This, in conjunction with the TorqueDrive clutch pack that uses thin friction technology, enables the rider to start and stop without the bike stalling.

According to Husqvarna, the new Rekluse Radius X Centrifugal Clutch Kit does all of the following things: increases traction prevents stalling, facilitates better starts, allows corners to be taken faster, improves confidence and fun, and can help improve lap times.

I don’t personally have a problem with Husqvarna fiddling with its clutch system on its motorcycles. If it makes the riding experience better, then I’m all for it. However, I know a lot of people who balk at anything but the traditional setup. I wonder how this new system will be received.

A Path to More Riders?​

This is something I see more and more of—semi-auto and fully automatic transmissions on motorcycles. Husqvarna isn’t the only one, and this system is a seriously unique one and likely a good idea. I’m not abhorrent to the idea of this particular setup or honestly a fully automatic one. In fact, I think adding automatic gearboxes to bikes is a good way to get more young people riding.

With only something like 2 percent of cars being sold with a manual transmission, most young people don’t know how to drive a car with a manual gearbox. I would assume that’s one of the barriers keeping them out of the motorcycle world. I would be a very sad man if motorcycles started losing their manual transmissions the way cars have.

However, I do see the merits of an automatic system. It’s easier, and I think that’s what a lot of people want. So, in relation to the Husqvarna bikes, bring on the Rekluse Radius Centrifugal Clutch Kit or whatever other clutch pack or semi-auto gearbox you want to add. If it gets more people buying bikes, I’m all for it.

The post Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen Get Rekluse Semi-Automatic Clutch Upgrade appeared first on Web Bike World.

Click here for full story...