[webbikeworld.com] - Kawasaki has a Four-Wheeled Motorcycle in the Works

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

Kawasaki’s Getting Weird​

During a pretty typical interview with the Italian publication Motociclismo, Sergio Vicarelli, the sales and marketing director at Kawasaki, and Giavanni Poli, the technical director at Kawasaki, let slip some pretty big news about future projects Kawasaki is working on.

The first was more or less about a removable battery patent that the company filed. It was a quick aside to a larger question. However, when asked about three-wheeled bikes, Vicarelli answered with a very straight answer. He said, “We have a four-wheeler project. It will arrive on the market in a relatively short future.”

That’s kind of a big bombshell to end an interview on. He didn’t give any other information. It could be something like the Qooder, but I wonder if Kawasaki has something truly special up its sleeve.

The publication MoreBikes points to a patent from 2018 that shows a unique front suspension and linkage system for what appears to be a three-wheeled machine, but if you had two wheels on the back that would make it a different kind of animal altogether.

It’s unclear what kind of bike that Vicarelli was talking about, but it’s one that I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for. If it is anything like the Qooder, I sure hope Kawasaki picks a better name.

The post Kawasaki has a Four-Wheeled Motorcycle in the Works appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Click here for full story...