[webbikeworld.com] - Olympia X Moto 2 Pants Hands-On Review

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

First Impression​

My first impression of the Olympia X Moto 2 pant was very good. As with the jacket, the first thing that I noticed when I opened the box was the quality. Excellent material, awesome zippers, refined stitching. These pants look fantastic

I took the pants out of the box. I was really impressed with the construction of the pants. They are Cordura © fabric with leather on the inside of the pant. Really nice heavy duty zippers with nice pulls as well as belt loops.

The inside layer features a rain pant that is designed to be used inside or outside the pants.

Shopping Now? We Recommend:

webBikeWorld has worked closely with RevZilla over the years to provide our testers with products to review. In addition to being a great site to shop from, they’re also a great partner.

RevZilla

[​IMG]

Free shipping on orders over $40
    30-day no-nonsense return policy
    Excellent selection of all major brands
    Awesome pricing

Buy These Pants on RevZilla

Amazon

[​IMG]

Free shipping (with Amazon Prime)
    30-day return policy
    Excellent selection
    Competitive pricing

Buy These Pants on Amazon

Pants Features​

[​IMG]

• Constructed in 500 and 2000 denier Cordura® fabric in strategic areas.
    • Quality YKK Zippers throughout including full side leg zippers that extend to the waistband.
    • MVS Mega Vent Panel System in the thigh area and cool mesh airflow lining throughout.
    • Removable and adjustable height CE approved Motion Flex armor at the knees.
    • 3M Scotchlite © reflective piping from hem to waist.
    • Two side entry zip pockets and two rear flap pockets.
    • An 8” zipper is located at the back waistline to connect the pants with the Jacket. Washable leather reinforcement panel from the thigh to the hem bottom.
    • Zippers stop well before the bottom of the pant to allow for easy hemming of the cuff.
    • Built-in pocket for optional hip protection.
    • Pants do not come with the hip armor but foam inserts.

[​IMG]

Rain Pants Layer​

The fully functional rain pants can be worn inside or outside the main pant and consist of an AquaRes™ laminated fabric. The pants feature an elasticized waist with side waist slide buckles and belt loops.

[​IMG]

webBikeWorld has worked closely with RevZilla over the years to provide our testers with products to review. In addition to being a great site to shop from, they’re also a great partner.

RevZilla

[​IMG]

Awesome pricing

Amazon

[​IMG]

30-day return policy
    Excellent selection
    Competitive pricing

Riding with the Pants​

My first impression of riding with the pants on was how comfortable they are. The pants have a food flex to them and are warm. It was 2 degrees Celsius (36 degrees Fahrenheit) when I tried the pants for the first time.

I wore a pair of sweatpants under the X Moto 2 pants and I was not cold at all. I wore the pants with the rain pants on the inside. I was comfortable and did not feel the wind.

The following day, I wore the pants and the matching jacket while I was conducting a review of a Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS. Again, it was 2 degrees Celsius (36 degrees Fahrenheit), but it was raining.

I rode in the rain for almost 3 hours and I was amazed at how dry I was at the end. I was not cold while riding except for my hands as my gloves were inadequate for the weather. I feel that the pants did not need the rain pants on the inside to keep me dry; however, I appreciated the rain pants added protection from the wind.

The pants were very forgiving while riding. I did not feel constricted at any time. I did feel extremely grateful that I was wearing such good gear during this ride. My only complaint in regards to fitment was that the snaps that keep the waistband cinched were not very secure. I have a bit of a belly and this had a bit of a negative effect on the snaps.

Final Impressions​

[​IMG]

These pants are amazing. I highly recommend the Olympia X Moto 2 pants to anyone who is looking for touring styled protective gear.

The versatility of these pants will be greatly appreciated for anyone who rides in different conditions. They can be worn in cold weather, wet weather and opened up to expose the mesh for summer riding. The built-in adjustable knee armor is very comfortable.

My only complaint is the fact that the pants come with an area for hip armor only to find a piece of foam in the slot instead of CE rated armor. I would gladly pay the additional $25 for the added security and to avoid the hassle of having to order it separately.

Also, I would like to see a bit better retention at the waist. Either a stronger holding snap or a secondary fastener.

At the time of this review, the retail on this jacket was USD $349.99 & CAD $ 429.99.

Disclosure: Please note that I was provided the Olympia X Moto 2 Pants free of charge for this review.

[​IMG]

Pros

• Excellent materials
    • Outstanding build quality
    • Extremely versatile
    • Loaded with safety features
    • Very visible
    • Comfortable
    • Warm
    • Stylish
    Cons

• Hip protection is only foam and not CE rated
    • Snaps at the waist are not very retentive

Specs

• Manufacturer: Olympia Motosports
    • Price (When Tested): 349.99
    • Alternative models & colors: Black or Pewter
    • Sizes: 30 to 44
    • Review Date: September 2018

RevZilla

[​IMG]

Awesome pricing

Amazon

[​IMG]

30-day return policy
    Excellent selection
    Competitive pricing

Olympia X Moto 2 Pants Image Gallery​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The post Olympia X Moto 2 Pants Hands-On Review appeared first on Web Bike World.

Click here for full story...