[webbikeworld.com] - The Dunlop Geomax Enduro EN91 Is a DOT Street-Legal Adventure Tire

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

This Is the Tire Many Have Been Waiting For​

Originally designed for European enduro racing, the Geomax Enduro EN91 from Dunlop is a tire designed for on and off-road use that should give you a durable tire for long rides and races. While it’s definitely an off-road-focused tire, the rubber is street legal and has been approved for highway use.

Dunlop created a new tread pattern for the tire to optimize performance in mud, sand, and rocks. The tread blocks are staggered differently than usual, which means more angles for the tire to grab hold. The tread block shapes were also altered, further improving performance off-road.

The company focused on the flex of the tread blocks so that each one could provide a larger contact point for the tire, thus improving traction further. The special way the tread blocks flex also help with durability, meaning you can ride longer and further without having to replace the tire seriously tear it up.

In the FIM Enduro races, the U.S. team has chosen the Geomax Enduro EN91 as the tire it will use. This should speak volumes for its quality. With that said, I bet these puppies would be pretty loud on the highway, so I’d only get them if you plan on doing the majority of your riding off pavement. Still, I could be wrong. Hopefully, we’ll get to test them at some point in the future.

Here are the sizes for the tire:

Front:
    90/90-21 54R TT 45242081

Rear:
    140/80-18 70R TT 45242351
    120/90-18 65R TT. 45242467

The post The Dunlop Geomax Enduro EN91 Is a DOT Street-Legal Adventure Tire appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Click here for full story...