Won't turn over

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L Tech Talk' started by Kmcmjmtm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Kmcmjmtm

Kmcmjmtm New Member

my son crashed his '13 crf250l. Broke the headlight assy, clutch lever, and mirror. After replacing all those Now it won't turn over, I checked all the fuses they are good. All blinkers and dash lights are ok. I am assuming it is one of the safety switches but I have it in neutral, kickstand up, and clutch lever in and nothing. Not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

2. Kmcmjmtm

Kmcmjmtm New Member

my son crashed his '13 crf250l. Broke the headlight assy, clutch lever, and mirror. After replacing all those Now it won't turn over, I checked all the fuses they are good. All blinkers and dash lights are ok. I am assuming it is one of the safety switches but I have it in neutral, kickstand up, and clutch lever in and nothing. Not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

3. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Does it make any noise at all, or is it as if the starter button is doing nothing?

4. Kmcmjmtm

Kmcmjmtm New Member

No noise, does nothing

5. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

My first thought would probably be clutch switch ( It may have been damaged when the clutch lever took a bash ), Check it electrically if possible or short the wires to prove it ( or it could just be slightly out of position )

Hope this helps and apologies if this is a bit basic ( as a maintenance engineer I often find it's best to start simple, you can make assumptions and get drawn in too deep too soon ) Good luck