Added a Portal page

Discussion in 'Forum Information' started by Alex, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

It shows up at the Home tab, and is where the user is taken after the splash page. It's not perfect yet (the picture isn't random yet, and the news items are adding in reverse order), but it's getting there.

2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Alright - it's cleaned up a bit at this point. It is now listed as Portal Page in the header. The top two blocks are now working as I'd like, and the bottom news area is also working well. The only change now is to figure out how to delete the old news items as they age off.

3. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

It's now in pretty good shape. Top blocks are good, and the news items are automatically populating and removing themselves as they age out. Is there anything else that people would look for on a front page that would be useful for this site?

4. bsacbob

bsacbob New Member

Just a small thing is there anyway i can change the background colour from Black ??

5. cowboy

cowboy Member

I suppose a couple of alternative skins wouldn't be too difficult.
    Having played around with proboards elsewhere, it can take quite a bit of testing to be sure different schemes don't hide something!

6. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

I might consider alternate skins at some point, but it's a long ways out. It gets progressively harder to maintain all of the little add-ons and doo-dads across the site, and doubles the testing time. On a completely vanilla site with no mods, it's not that big a deal, but few sites (including this one) stay vanilla for long.