American in Thailand

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Thai Guy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Thai Guy

Thai Guy New Member

Hey all, I am a retired oil worker who found a life in Thailand...home of the CRF250L/M.

I have a few fun projects. Some for friends, some for clients, some for ME!

I have done high performance thumpers and two stroke singles and twins most of my life. Road racers, plus a few motards. I am now doing a CRF250M conversion for my personal fun bike. A hybrid super-moto/dirt tracker that fits into the Thai daily life. A super moto setup, with 17" knobbies. Might sound crazy to the average rider, but quite the effective bomb-let here. Lots of rain, high temperatures and crazy good/bad/pot holes/dirt roads...and then we go off the pavement.

My other projects: Kawasaki super-moto KLX/EX300...yeah, fun! Yamaha TRX 850. 1996, with many fun mods, but never done. Nissan 2002 Thai NV pickup, Queencab. Will soon get a Nissan SR20VE, 204 hp engine. (Came with a GA16, 105hp)

Honda Gyro UP...'84 with near 10 hp of grocery getting fun!

2. Schnatterinchen

Schnatterinchen Member

Hi Jay,

welcome to the discussion! I am an employee of the Hanover airport and we have just been visited by his Royal Highness Maha Vajiralongkorn ;)

3. Thai Guy

Thai Guy New Member

Wow! Lucky man. I knew someone who was a motorcycle security officer on Rama 9's detail. (King Bhumibol, who passed away) BMW R1200 RP's for parade duty.

Airport duty! Nice! A quick note on my ancestry. Though American born and living in Thailand, I am German/Dutch on paternal side, (with Omaha Sioux great grandmother) and English/Scot on maternal side. Mixed breeds work harder...

Thanks Michael!

4. Schnatterinchen

Schnatterinchen Member

Nice story, Jay! :thumbup:
    In fact, I have only seen his airplane, not his majesty himself. The Boeing is normaly parked in Munich, but he has been visiting Hanover and Brunswick a couple of days before.