Any pick up the Warp 9 wheel set?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mike310, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Mike310

Mike310 Member

I'm really wanting to pick up the warp 9 wheel set for my 250L. I ride the local canyons on weekends with the occasional 15-20 mile freeway ride. I am really concerned about loosing a good amount of top end speed for the highway if I get the warp 9 set. Anyone here try them out yet?

I am current running the stock wheels with the Pirelli Sport Demon Sport Touring tires. I love them,

Thanks in advance

2. michael.kozera

michael.kozera Member

what do you mean by loose top end?

if you get warp9 21"/18" nothing will change unless you switching out the gears.

im going to assume you mean swapping for a 17" super moto, inwhich case yes keeping stock gearing will get your engine reving high. inwhich case go buy a 38T rear sprocket and keep the stock 14t. the engine will still be reving higher then stock but will not be as bad as leaving the 40t.

you could also get a larger rear tire. for example, instead of going 120/50/17 go like 130-140/ 60-65/ 17. that way the tire will have a larger diameter then your standard super moto tire.