Hello

Discussion in '2012+ CRF250L General Discussion' started by mjf65, Dec 30, 2015.

1. mjf65

mjf65 New Member

Just joined this fine forum as I'm interested in getting a CRF250L to get back into green laning down here in dthe South West and Cotswolds. I am an ex Honda XR250R owner which I had for years, it wasn't pretty when I sold it but what a bike tough as nails, just bloody hard to start when you dropped it! So the CRF has the advantage with an electric boot and looks right up to date but are they a proper Honda? Will it fit the bill for me?

Thanks in anticipation

Mike

JR45 likes this.
  2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Welcome! It's a Honda. :thumbup:

3. JR45

JR45 Member

Yes, it's a Honda.
    Yes, it will work well as a green-lane bike (mine does).
    Whereabouts in the south west are you?

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

4. mjf65

mjf65 New Member

Thanks JR,

I am in North Bristol so most of my previous trail riding has been in South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and the Wye Valley.

What mods have you done to your CRF for trail riding? My XR came with IRC's which looked great until I took it down the first muddy trail so if I get a CRF that will be my first modification.

5. JR45

JR45 Member

Hello again...
    I'm just north of Plymouth, so most of the lanes I do are around the Devon / Cornwall border.
    The only mods on mine are hand guards, two auxilliary lights mounted on the bottom yoke, lowered suspension (dropped the forks as far as possible and lowered the rear by putting another hole in the bottom of the shock mount) and a top-box.
    I run Pirelli MT43 tyres - I occasionally enter MCC trials and the tyre choice is limited.
    I have done a few local lanes with a mate who has a 450 KTM and the Honda seems quite capable of holding its own. In fact it's far more capable than I am, to be honest...
    :)