Nice Ride Today....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by echo5, Dec 26, 2014.

1. echo5

echo5 Member

Went for a loverly 100 mile ride today to test the new bike out. It was 42 degrees at 11 when I left and 51 at 2 when I returned. Bright sunshine. The rear suspension performed as I hoped. My back is fine. Seat proved comfortable enough I don't believe I will replace it. Also I don't think the bars needs risers. 61 mpg those bars disappear fast! 2 bars left and I filled up and it took exactly 1 gallon. So much for the gauge!

I believe I have made a very wise purchase indeed.

TTOversteer and Firebladepilot like this.
  2. Alex

Alex crf250l.org dude

Nice! Glad you're enjoying it.

/moved to ride reports

3. cowboy

cowboy Member

If you do a long rougher track requiring a lot of standing, risers might seem more desirable but still not sure i's worth doing for most riders.
    I find when standing you are just a bit stooped which soon feels uncomfortable.

4. Firebladepilot

Firebladepilot New Member

Risers work wonders. And I've noticed that when my fuel gauge starts flashing, it takes 1.5 gallons. I just go by mileage now like I do on all the other bikes I ever owned.

5. TTOversteer

TTOversteer Member

Funny you mention the fuel gauge! I've noticed the same thing: The gauge plummets for the first half of the tank right down to the two bars and then sits there FOREVER. Always gives me range anxiety and I find myself filling up much sooner than necessary. One of these days I'm going to ride in a small loop until she's dry just so I can get comfy with the gauge and range.

Firebladepilot likes this.