[webbikeworld.com] - Kia Humiliates Safety Code Between Drivers And Riders

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

Every once and a while, I stumble across an article on my early morning perusal of news that highlights something so outlandishly stupid, I can’t help but bring it to the table as-is, in full light and with an apple in its ugly little mouth.

Today appears to be a ‘once and a while’ kind of day.

According to a report from VisorDown, South Korean Corporation Kia has just released an advertisement for the new Kia Soul Lane-Keeping Assist. The Lane Assist itself is a great feature for the Soul, purportedly installed to increase safety and awareness in Soul users worldwide.

The Lane Assist feature is not the issue, nor are Kia’s automobiles, which I am sure are lovely.

The problem lies in the advert, which has been embedded at the top of this article.

Keep in mind the perspective of the advert: This is one of a multiple-episode series meant to show the Kia Soul’s place in all aspects of culture.

In the commercial, a driver in a white Kia Soul is overcome by a motorist, geared in black and obviously planned by the advertisement’s director to fit a certain ‘troublemaker’ stereotype.

[​IMG]

The driver is distracted by the rider sharing the lane and moves to give room – until the Kia lane-keeping alarm goes off.

At this point, the advert turns dark; in one fell swoop, the driver shouts, “This lane is taken,” swerving towards the motorist and forcing the overwhelmed rider to preserve himself by slamming on the brakes, skidding away from a gnarly accident – and what would have been an absolute mess of a Kia advert.

A bit of research later, and it appears most are equally triggered by the dangerous message of the video – at least, gauging by the 1.1k of Youtube users that have given the video a hefty ‘thumbs down’ and followed up with a long list of commentary.

To the 14 viewers that gave this advert a ‘thumbs up,’ I ask on behalf of all motorists: Share the road, and for the love of all that’s on two wheels – keep the ego at home.

The post Kia Humiliates Safety Code Between Drivers And Riders appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Click here for full story...