[webbikeworld.com] - Top Gun: Maverick Looks Like It has Some Killer Motorcycles In It

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by Newsbot, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot All the news that's fit to excerpt

Tom Cruise Is Back on a Ninja​

Top Gun was the movie that forever put motorcycles and fighter jets together in my mind and the minds of many other people. Tom Cruise’s character pilots some amazing jets in the film but he also rides an awesome Kawasaki GPz900R. The new trailer for Top Gun: Maverick recently dropped, and it looks like Cruise’s character will stay on Kawasaki bikes in the new movie.

In one shot, you see the old GPz900R and in the next, you see Cruise riding a Kawasaki Ninja H2. He likely trades up in the film. If I were going to have one bike in my garage I think I’d take the classic, but then I love old bikes.

Ninja motorcycles have lived on in the American consciousness since the first Top Gun movie as the sportbike. I doubt this new movie will have as big of a cultural impact, but it will surely help move some Ninjas off Kawasaki lots.

I’m pretty pumped for the Top Gun movie. I usually don’t go in for these reboots, but for some reason, this one seems right. Maybe I just fell under the spell cast by the trailer, but I’m all in for seeing it when this thing comes out. I’ll be gawking at the motorcycles as much as I am actually paying attention to the film.

The post Top Gun: Maverick Looks Like It has Some Killer Motorcycles In It appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Click here for full story...